Monday, June 13, 2011

Thursday 9 June 2011

We are in Amsterdam awaiting the connection to Atlanta at 1045 then through customs, TSA and onto Birmingham.  It has been easy flying so far except for the number of hours that we were in the aircraft, 7.5 hours from Nairobi and 8.25 hours from Amsterdam to Atlanta.  We had chicken on the aircraft that was actually better than any we had in Kenya, now that is just not right.

I had a window seat on the A330 airbus and was able to get a few shots around the Amsterdam area but clouds soon prevented me from taking many other shots.  Once we reached Canada the clouds were broken but very hazy so I just looked and did not shoot any pictures.

The music was great, Aerosmith, and I listen to many kinds of music during the flight.  I did get some work done on the flight and talked with my beautiful wife Nancy when we were not asleep.

We made it to Atlanta about on time and the process of getting through Passport Control and Customs was the easiest that I have experience in the past 4 years.  They processed us in a hurry and we were off for the next and final flight to Birmingham.

We left Atlanta late due to a hold on West bound flights but we got to Birmingham about 10 minutes late which was not bad.  All the luggage showed up and some was in bad condition but we will see what it looks like when we get home.

TSA had opened a couple of my bags and the one with the laptop in it they broke the door off the cd/dvd recorder so you can no longer open the drive.  I contacted TSA and have filed a claim against them for the damages to the computer.  The tea in the case and the computer was probably why they looked in the case to start with.  This piece of luggage must have been handled by the largest gorilla around.

Anna our daughter picked us up and it was really nice to see here and listen to to what has happened over the past month while she stayed at our house.  We are off for home and a great, you got it, large glass of ice tea and a great homemade hamburger.

Hope you enjoyed our travels this year and any comments are always welcome.  I will be posting the pictures on Picasa Web and I will put a note here when I do.

Thanks















Harold and Nancy Deason

No comments:

Post a Comment